Most people consider toilet brushes to be gross, grimey things (…because they are!). Toilet brushes have a dirty job to do, and because of that they require replacing every now and again. If you’re wondering where to find the best toilet brush for you, look no further. Listed below are the top toilet brushes in a number of categories.
Top Toilet Brushes:
- Best Rated Overall: OXO Good Grips Hideaway Compact Toilet Brush
- Best Eco-Friendly: Beechwood and Coconut Fiber Toilet Brush
- Best Budget Buy: Deserthome Toilet Brush
- Best High Power: Drillbrush 4 Piece Nylon Power Brush Kit
- Best Luxury Buy: Redecker Natural Pig Bristle Toilet Brush with Untreated Beechwood Handle and Stand
Best Toilet Brushes
1. Best Rated Overall: OXO Good Grips Hideaway Compact Toilet Brush
- Canister door opens automatically when Toilet Brush is lifted and neatly stores Brush when not in use
- Toilet Brush features tapered Brush head and sturdy blue bristles for deep cleaning under the rim and other hard to reach places
- Shape of handle is designed for a secure, comfortable grip
The minimalist design of this brush and holder are what catch the eye, but it’s the functionality that impresses users the most. The holder completely conceals the brush but still allows air ventilation to help prevent unwanted mildew from building up. My favorite part about this option is the replaceable brush heads. So instead of throwing away the entire brush and handle (which will inevitably end up taking up space in a landfill), you only toss the brush, pop on a new one, and continue cleaning.
2. Best Eco-Friendly: Beechwood and Coconut Fiber Toilet Brush
- 🌴【ECO-FRIENDLY TOILET BRUSH】 Our toilet bowl brush is designed in JAPAN, all materials originally imported from SRI LANKA. As manufacture and brand owner, we stand for quality and think a lot...
- 🌴【BASIC BUT TOUGH】 This Toilet cleaner brush has durable construction. The Solid bristles are made of COCONUT FIBERS, and rigid handle is build up from Beechwood which will not rust and last...
- 🌴【JOB DONE】This wood toilet brush has perfect shape and size. The extra bristles at the top are great for cleaning the hard to get area under the rim. It works great to scrub at that dirt...
This beechwood and coconut fibre brush is a no frills eco-friendly option for the eco-conscious person. The entire brush from the hemp hanging hook to the coir fiber brush (fun fact: it’s the same fiber used in most doormats!) can be composted once it is no longer usable. This option is an affordable alternative for those who can’t afford the “luxury” Redecker brush and stand, but still want to maintain a plastic-free home environment.
3. Best Budget Buy: Deserthome Toilet Brush
- DESERTHOME BRUSH ADVANTAGES: The Brush Using high-quality environmentally friendly PP material.brush handle and the base are one-time injection completed.
- BEAUTIFUL AND PRACTICAL:Rounded shape, small waist design, full of artistic atmosphere, high quality fullness of the brush, long life, give you a clean toilet.
- INTIMATE DESIGN: Deserthome Toilet Brush with non-porous base design,keep brush head upright, brush hairs are not deformed, and better hide dirty brush heads.
This is your best bet if you’re in the market for a no frills brush and holder combo. The brush holder is a simple yet sleek design that is also easy to clean (no complex crevices!). The brush is simple, but will still get the job done. Keep in mind this brush does not have bristles to reach under the rim of the toilet. Despite this, you still get a good bang for your buck on this option.
4. Best High Power Option: Drillbrush 4 Piece Nylon Power Brush Kit
- This power scrubber drill brush kit contains medium stiffness nylon power brushes that will attach to your favorite cordless drill. We have other power brush drill attachments in other stiffness's and...
- 4 different power scrub brush sizes and shapes of power brushes for cleaning around your bathroom surfaces
- Each Drillbrush brand power scrubber drill brush is well built and durable construction for use both indoors and outdoors
If you have a tough cleaning job, you might need more power than a normal hand-held option can give you. This drill brush scrubber kit attaches to a drill (not included in the kit) and power scrubs any surface you’re trying to clean. This multi-purpose kit can clean toilets, bathtubs, grout, and more. I have seen some impressive before/after pictures of soap scum ridden shower doors and grimey toilet jobs using these brushes!
5. Best Luxury Buy: Redecker Natural Pig Bristle Toilet Brush with Untreated Beechwood Handle and Stand
- HEAVY-DUTY CLEANING: Great for eliminating tough stains and deposits in and around your toilet bowl; makes easy work of cleaning the bathroom
- EXTRA-STRONG BRISTLES: Made from all-natural pig bristle that's strong enough for daily use; firm yet flexible fibers are ideal for scrubbing brushes and thorough cleaning
- BEAUTIFUL HANDCRAFTED BEECHWOOD: Stand and handle made from all-natural beechwood; highly durable and resistant to gouging, chipping and general wear and tear
I love the natural wood aesthetic of this option almost as much as its environmental-friendliness! It is completely compostable because the brush handle (and the stand) is made from natural beechwood. So instead of taking up space in a landfill, when it’s time to toss this brush it can be composted and “reused” in a new form. The brush bristles are made from all-natural pig bristle, meaning they’re strong and ideal for scrubbing.
How Often to Replace Your Toilet Brush
The answer to this question is heavily dependent upon how often your brush is used, but every 6 months is a good guide for most. With that said, if you take good care of your toilet bowl brush you could stretch the brush’s lifespan to a year.
How to Sanitize Your Toilet Brush
After you clean your toilet, pour bleach (about two cups) into the toilet basin. Prop your brush in your toilet bowl, brush-side in the water. Allow your brush to sit like that for 1-2 hours to properly disinfect. After this step is complete, you will want to flush the toilet and rinse your brush with clean toilet water.
Next, prop your brush to dry before replacing it in its holder. Do this by propping the brush handle in-between the toilet seat and the basin after each use. Your brush will be propped horizontally with the brush hanging over the water basin. Leave the brush there to dry for at least 15 minutes before storing in any brush holder.