If you have a hard time motivating yourself (or others in your home) to regularly clean spaces like your kitchen or bathrooms, then this DIY cleaning supplies kit (filled with effective cleaners made from all-natural ingredients!) is exactly what you need.
I store my cleaning supplies kit underneath our kitchen sink so it’s easily accessible for daily/weekly kitchen cleaning tasks (counters, sink, cabinet handles, fridge handles, appliance fronts, etc.). Then once a week or so, I grab the cleaning supplies kit and take it with me from bathroom to bathroom for a quick wipe-down (counters, toilets, sinks, mirrors, showers, etc.).
CLEANING SUPPLIES KIT CONTENTS
- Caddy (a tote or basket could work just as well here)
- Spray bottles
- Toothbrush (for grout)
- Scrub brush
- Microfiber cloths
- Paper towels (I’ll use these when I clean the toilets)
- All-purpose cleaner (mainly use this for dusting shelves and furniture)
- Granite/Marble/Quartz stone cleaner (countertops)
- Porcelain shower & tile cleaner (also use in sinks and toilets)
- Glass/Mirror cleaner
- (For recipes, read my post full of DIY cleaning recipes)
- Baking Soda (sprinkle in your toilet bowl and let it sit for 5 minutes before scrubbing the bowl clean)
- Dish Soap (this plus baking soda is a great scrub combo for cleaning a grimy tub)
- Hydrogen peroxide (to tackle porcelain kitchen sink build-up, sprinkle your wet sink with baking soda then use hydrogen peroxide and a sponge to scrub away the mess)
To take things a step further, use a chalk pen to label your spray cleaners. I also write the recipes on the back of each bottle so if my husband is on cleaning duty and needs to re-fill any particular cleaner, he is equipped to do so on his own.
I store all re-fill ingredients in one spot near our laundry area of the garage so it’s easy to grab what we need when it’s time to re-fill.
Having an organized and portable cleaning supplies kit like this one has made regularly cleaning the kitchen and bathrooms so much less of a hassle, you have to try it!
FULL SHOPPING LIST:
If you would like to purchase all materials and supplies for this cleaning supplies kit, I put together a simple Amazon shopping list for you. Let me know how it goes!
Like what you see?
Subscribe and receive a PDF copy of my daily cleaning checklist + weekly tips on how to live a cleaner life!