Every organized shower needs a good shower shelf (or multiple shelves if you like to collect bath products!). The question is what type of shower shelf is the right one for you?
Below you will find a list of the best shower shelf options. From built in niches to renter-friendly caddies, there is a functional and beautiful shelf option for every shower.
A shower caddy is an easy option for organizing bath products. They come in countless materials, shapes, and sizes. If you are a renter or not interested in a permanent or built-in shower shelf, consider a high quality shower caddy! Below are a few of my favorite styles worth considering.
Shower Head Caddy
A caddy that hooks over the shower head is perhaps the most common style of the shower shelf organizers. These are great because they tend to be both stable and affordable. The trick is to find shower head caddies that are easy to remove for weekly shower cleaning.
I really like this adjustable shower caddy by simplehuman because it hooks over the shower head. No need to lace a drippy shower head through the caddy. This feature is particularly nice if you use a shower head with a hose attachment (we use and love this one in our boys’ bathroom).
- ADJUSTABLE SHELVES - Slide up, down and sideways to make room for taller bottles.
- DESIGNED FOR MODERN TOOLS - Large modern shower accessories are hard to fit. Our innovative storage options are designed specifically with those tools in mind.
- SOLID AND SECURE - Solid materials and secure installation give our caddies the feel of built-in fixtures.
Over the Door Caddy
Depending on the design of your shower, it might make more ergonomic sense to hook a shower caddy over the shower door. These probably wouldn’t work for a sliding door. If you have a shower door that swings open with additional glass “wall” space, that’s a perfect place to hook an over the door shower caddy!
- ALL-IN-ONE HANGING SHOWER ORGANIZER: Features four storage baskets, a towel bar, and two hanging hooks to keep bathroom necessities within reach
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: Middle baskets turn outward to provide storage for larger bottles, while the hooks on the outside of the shower door keep bath towels clean and dry until ready for use
- EASY INSTALLATION: Simply place the organizer over the top of the shower door and push the suction cups into place on the wall to set up - no mounting or hardware required!
Corner Shower Shelves
If your shower is being shared by many household or family members, you might benefit from more shelf storage than a shower head or over the door caddy can provide. A corner shower caddy might be the perfect storage solution for you!
I like corner shower caddies that are easy to remove and reinstall for deep cleaning – otherwise these can (and will) become DINGY. Below are a few tension corner caddies that won’t hold on to excess moisture.
- SECURE FIT - Reinforced aluminum pole with high-compression spring and grippy rubber feet fits the caddy securely between your floor and ceiling.
- FITS HIGH CEILINGS - Secure tension pole extends 6 to 9 feet to fit most showers and bathtubs.
- I'M ADJUSTABLE - Adjustable shelves slide up and down to make room for tall bottles.
Adhesive Shower Shelves
I like a toiletry basket in a kids bath/shower because they are handy for storing light weight bath toys. They are also great for bars of soap and smaller toiletries. I wouldn’t store anything too heavy because the suction cups will likely give over time.
If you need more storage space, you can also try an adhesive shower caddy complete with multiple shelves and bath product organizers.
Adhesive Shower Baskets
- 3 Pack Usage: You can place your shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, soap and body lotion on the two shower caddies. And place your soap or sponge on the soap dish holder. The shower...
- 5 Hooks and Detachable Design: You can hang razor or washcloth on the 2 side hooks, hang sponge or towels on the 3 front hooks. Shower caddy is easy to take down from the adhesives. Convenient for you...
- Rustproof and Waterproof: SUS304 stainless steel material, ensuring beauty, sturdy and durability.
Adhesive Wall-Mounted Shower Caddies
- STAINLESS STEEL SHOWER CADDY: Rustproof, rust resistant with premium finish and constructed with high grade stainless steel
- HANGING SHOWER CADDY: / RACK / ORGANIZER: No tools, no drilling - Can be mounted anywhere in your shower where the surface is adequate. Easy installation and removal
- SUCTION CUPS: Adhere to non-porous, smooth, glossy surfaces such as glazed ceramic/tile, glass or mirror. Will NOT adhere to stone / marble / granite / porcelain / fiberglass. 3M Adhesive discs...
Shower Corner Shelf
Not to be confused with a corner shower caddy, a corner shower shelf is installed with a permanent adhesive and then caulked to make it look built into the shower. It’s common to see ceramic tile shower shelves but you can also find glass or metal versions.
I love a shower corner shelf because it creates a “built-in” look without any renovation headache. One corner shelf only costs around $20-$30 (exclusive of adhesive and caulk) and takes less than an hour to install (here is a simple installation tutorial).
Ceramic Shower Corner Shelf
- ✅ EASY INSTALLATION: Our shelves use an easy no drill installation method, for application on any existing smooth stone and ceramic tile surface
- ✅ GLUE NOT INCLUDED: Compatible with Devcon 5 Minute Gel Epoxy (recommended) or comparable construction grade epoxy. See installation instructions in the package for a list of recommended adhesives.
- ✅ HOLDS UP TO 50 POUNDS: Wait for 24 hours for epoxy to set before adding any weight to the shelf
Glass Shower Corner Shelf
- [Powerful Sealant Adhesive] The bathroom shelf is easy and quick to install, no tools required. Powerful sealant adhesive ensures strong bearing and adhesion for the shower caddy. It is more durable...
- [Space Saving] The floating glass shelf is a space-saving corner design that keeps your bathroom organized and clean. Widely used in the kitchen, lavatory, living room, and balcony.
- [Solid Construction] Extra-thick (8mm) clear tempered glass provides more safety for your stuff. Aluminum Brackets with anti-rust and long-lasting characteristic which makes you no need to worried the...
Schluter Corner Shower Shelf
- The Schluter SHELF-E is a curve design corner shelf designed for tiled walls, finish is alumimum matte black in a triangular shape.
- Installation is simplified with installation without drilling that simply integrates into the joint pattern.
- The Shelf's requires no special maintenance or care . Natural cleaners can be used to clean the shelfs.
Schluter Systems metal corner shelves require a slightly more involved installation, but can still be retrofitted to an already tiled shower. (Here’s how to install one).
Recessed Shower Shelf
- Can be installed in both Schluter-Kerdi and Schluter-Kerdi-Board wall assemblies
- Features a 1/2 in. thick x 2 in. wide integrated bonding flange
- Features a prefabricated Kerdi-Board shelf that can be installed at any height to create separate compartments within the shower niche if desired
I love a tiled or ceramic shower niche. They are practical and they add visual interest to a shower wall. You can have one niche or stack multiple on top of each other. I have seen pretty rectangular versions installed horizontally and vertically but the most common and popular seems to be the square niche.
The only challenge here is, installing one requires fully renovating your shower walls. So these are awesome to consider in the case of a renovation or a new build, otherwise it is best (and less expensive) to install a corner shelf or a temporary caddy.