Cleaning the shower is one of my least favorite chores so I have armed myself with a few helpful tools to make the job easier. Whenever it’s time to clean, I grab my bathroom cleaning checklist, my shower cleaning caddy, and of course a shower cleaning brush. Below are some of the best shower cleaning brushes for every bathroom.
5 Best Shower Cleaning Brushes
Best Overall: OXO Good Grips Soap Dispensing Brush
- Squirts soap with the light push of a button
- Durable nylon bristles
- Scraper on backside of Brush easily removes baked on food
I have given this cleaning brush the title of “overall best” because of how convenient it is. There are NO excuses for a dirty shower if you store one of these on your shower caddy.
To use, you have a few options. You can fill the dispenser with one part dish soap and one part vinegar (much like the shower cleaning spray I use), or just fill it with regular dish soap. Get the walls of your shower wet (right before you plan to take an actual shower is a great time for this), then give everything a good rub down and rinse once a week or so.
Best Eco Friendly: Redecker Natural Bristle Scrub Brush
- EXTRA-STRONG NATURAL FIBER BRISTLES: Stiff but flexible union fibers are designed to handle heavy...
- HEAT RESISTANT: Safe to use in boiling water; perfect for cleaning pots and pans
- BEAUTIFUL HANDCRAFTED BEECHWOOD: Untreated beechwood brush body will vary somewhat from the product...
If you’re like me and you’re doing your best to avoid purchasing plastic products, then this is a fabulous shower scrubber option. It comes in a pack of two so you can dedicate one to sinks and showers in the bathroom, and the other to pots and pans in your kitchen. The handle allows you to use maximum pressure on grout and other tough spots.
Best for Corners: OXO Good Grips Grout Brush
- Set includes: Large Brush and Small Brush with Wiper Blade
- Large Brush is great for grout, shower door tracks, stove tops and more
- Small Brush is perfect for fixtures and other tight spaces
The trickiest area to clean in most showers are the hard to scrub corners. This is why it’s helpful to have a small scrub brush to really get in there. Your most budget friendly option is to simply recycle an old toothbrush for this type of cleaning, but sometimes old toothbrushes lack the scrubbing power or angled handle that these dedicated brushes offer. If your shower is in need of a deep clean in those hard to reach places it might be worth the investment!
Best Extendable Scrubber: OXO Good Grips Extendable Tub and Tile Scrubber
- Great for tubs, tiles, glass, floors and narrow spaces
- Extends from 26 inches to 42 inches with a quick twist
- Antimicrobial head is abrasive for deep cleaning, retains water for rinsing. Stored 2.25 x 4.375 x...
If you’re having trouble reaching the tile at the top of your shower, or if you don’t like getting on your knees to clean the inside of your tub, then an extendable scrubber might be a great solution for you. This scrub brush comes on an extendable rod and allows you to scrub tile that is otherwise difficult to reach. It’s a much safer alternative to standing on a stepstool in a soapy and slippery tub as you’re cleaning!
Best Electric: Drill Brush Tool Attachment
- White Soft Original Drillbrush Power Scrubber can reach into interior corners and wheel spokes.
- 4-inch diameter flat brush is perfect for carpets, floor mats, Tonneau Covers, and door panels.
- Tight spot? 2-inch scrub brush has better mobility to access around grill and wheel recesses.
Lastly, if you have a more intense shower cleaning job on your hands it might be necessary to use more power! This brush set attaches to your drill (drill is not included) and can scrub all types of things from showers and tubs to gross toilets (see it featured in my roundup of the best toilet brushes).